About Me

I am an avid motorcyclist that want's to share my adventures with other people that might be interested.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Motorcycle trip to Santa Fe, NM

Hello all you motorcycle trip enthusiast who love to ride all across the USA.
Send me some of your motorcycle trip adventure stories to share with other riders like yourself.

This blog is about mine and my wife's motorcycle trip adventures over the past four years.
We have traveled all across the the southern and western states. We have experienced every type of weather condition, rain, hail, wind, sleet, snow, thunderstorms and even a tornado. The key to having a happy motorcycle trip is to be prepared for every situation and knowing the proper riding gear for each.
Our first motorcycle trip was in June, 2004 my wife and myself along with 2 other couples headed out at sun rise on a beautiful spring morning our destination was Santa Fe, New Mexico a 250 mile ride from Amarillo, Texas. Did I mention that this was the first motorcycle trip for all of us, well we thought that we were prepared for the motorcycle trip at least in our mind we were. We are riding along on Interstate 40 at Tucumcari we stopped for breakfast, it was getting warm so we removed some of our riding gear to better suit the weather. It is now around 9:00 am we are headed toward Las Vegas, NM the wind blowing through our hair and the sun shining down on our bodies, life is good.
My wife and I ride a 2003 Harley Davidson 100 Anniversary Roadking. The sound of the motor humming along at 70 mph is like music to my ears and the smell of the countryside is so invigorating, if you have never taken a motorcycle trip you don't know what you are missing I hope that this blog will intrigue some of you to get out on the open road and experience life in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment